Yellow Tail Jammy Red Roo & Asian Inspired Spaghetti? Yes Please!
November 3rd 2020
Yellow tail wines are vibrant, flavoursome and approachable, making everyday moments more enjoyable. Jammy Red Roo is a delicious red wine made from a blend of Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, and other red varietals. Full of fruit aromas and flavours, with a flavour that is sweet and vibrant, with notes of juicy red berries, vanilla and chocolate. A perfect wine to enjoy this Christmas and fabulous served chilled.
Yellow Tail Jammy Red Roo pairs perfectly with foods with a bit of spice and kick to them, try alongside this Asian inspired spaghetti dish.
200g plum tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 white onion
Juice 1 lemon
2 cloves garlic
1 red chilli
5g fresh basil
Large handful of spinach
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
- To cook the spaghetti, fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add a pinch of salt then add the spaghetti and cook for 8-10 minutes, or according to packet instructions.
- Add the olive oil to a pan and allow to warm about medium heat.
- Chop the tomatoes into quarters and dice the onion
- Add the onion to the warmed pan and allow to soften before adding the tomatoes, crushed garlic cloves and finely chopped chilli. Cook for around 8 minutes to soften the tomatoes and allow the juices to release.
- Add the spinach, lemon juice, chopped basil, salt and pepper. Cook for a further 5 minutes and allow the spinach to wilt.
- Stir in the drained spaghetti and serve
recipe created by @annasfamilykitchen